Tuesday, February 17, 2009

some girl talk


OK so I have been missing for almost a week... laying low... hiding in my house with Coco. Even my mother has been wondering what I am up to. I think some how got the stomach bug last week and I am just now getting over it. This is going to be a busy weekend so I better shape up. Changing the subject... I really want to go see this movie - Confessions of a Shopaholic - I think its going to be AWESOME. There is all this rave about what great 2 books it was taken from and I am putting them on my list. My friend Lydia and I were supposed to go last Sunday to watch but we missed the early showings, and since we are turning into a pair of old ladies [ mainly Lydia - that's for ditching me... :) ] we didn't go. So if you've seen it let me know how you liked it, I want to know.
I am a true shopaholic - that's why I rather stay at home then brake loose at the mall. It takes a lot of will power for me to window shop and not buy things that are on sale or new on display... typical girl drama. Especially for shoes, when DSW put up a coming soon sign by the mall... oh my goodness. DSW, Loehmann's, and Homegoods are my favorite stores back in Miami. So when one of them finally arrived here in Baton Rouge I was so excited. But no worries, I will be in Miami in about 2 weeks ~ Can't wait!!
Now about the very 'colorful' picture of Coco. If my little Coco could talk, he would so tell me how embarrassing it is for him to appear all in pink - "mom what were you thinking!" This is the look he gives me all the time - the 'I want some of what you are eating' 'I want you to pick me up' 'I want to go outside' ... and yes - I hopelessly obey all his desires. I was actually thinking of the movie Legally Blonde when I came up with this idea . How cool would of it been if they would of made her chihuahua pink like every thing else she owned. So this is my little man in pink - Coco. My husband is probably saying - "what have you done to our dog!" LOL - poor little guy.
The casting call is still going on guys. I already have gotten a couple of great responses. I even got a newborn coming in a couple of weeks... Yay! Keep passing on the word - and thanks to all the mommies that are volunteering! Tootles everyone - I will be posting pictures from my shoots this weekend so check back for a look-see.

6 comments:

  1. OK so I have been wanting to look at this web site for so long! You're awesome Abby! And I must say reading your first blog cracked me up, cause I went to DSW on Sunday and bought 5 new pairs of shoes. But most of them were 50-70% off, so I didn't feel bad. Well, I'll see you around!

    Danelle
    Nitrolingual Pumpspray Rep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! I didn't ditch you! We both agreed that it was too late for a Sunday night. (Yes, old lady-ish.) I am excited to see this movie though. Maybe this or the next weekend. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girls - Danelle thanks for checking out the blog! Glad you had fun at DSW this weekend.. I am taking up Lydia on going this weekend to the movies. We might stop by DSW and see if they have any more on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last night I went to the movies to watch - Confessions of a Shopaholic and I LOVED IT! It's a 'goosebump-tinkle in my nose- I am going to buy it when it comes out in DVD' kinda movie. Definitely has my approval - So go check it out with your girlfriends or with you lovey one. Only problem is : makes me want to go shopping!!! Totally defeats the message of the movie. I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good question Sam? Am I?

    ReplyDelete