Monday, May 11, 2009

Coco's recovery


My poor little man. I never thought this would be so bad. I mean how bad can it be when you are 3 pounds and don't know what is going on - other than momma brought you to the doctor and they gave you a shot to go to sleep and when you wake up you look down and they are gone. no pain - lots of meds -  just some stitches and a goofy looking cone that doesn't let you scratch yourself. Again - poor little man. He has been really good though, despite of the surgery - just very whiny and wants to be held and played with ALL THE TIME. So folks, unless your pooch has a mad humping disease that has everyone avoiding your place - don't do it to the poor little ones. Just look at his sad face wearing that cone that's almost twice his size. At first he didn't even want to look at me. He was so mad . Kept trying to yank that thing off, rubbing against the floor/couch/wall/legs... but now he is used to it. Vet says he has to wear it for 10 days... until he gets his stitches removed. We will see if he lasts with it on that long. I think he looks so cute no matter what - we call it his new hat. So for my friends that have been wondering what he looks like... and why I haven't let anyone come make fun - here are a couple of shots of Coco while I've been working/reading and just watching him complain with those big green eyes.
I'm interested in the name-calling that I will get after posting this. Be sensitive - how would you feel if some one cut off your manhood! Coconut, I LOVE YOU and I'm so sorry I put you through this... forgive me coquito!

6 comments:

  1. LOL, there are so many things I could say about this post. But I wont. Poor Coco. He's not quite a little man anymore, huh? Sorry, I had to throw that in there. His little "hat" looks like the Medela breast pump suction thingy. HAHA. I'm sorry Coco!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - Adasis I cant believe the comparison to the breast pump cup... LOL. I will pass along your "wishfull" get better to Coco. Every time I look at it now all I think of is the breast pump machine sucked his head... just wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pooor little coco man! ..... well hes not much of a man anymore.... ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's doing much better now - no cone - not stitches - full recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aawww coco is so cute just like his owners !!! i feel so bad for him though poor little thing had to wear a cone !!!oohh well that was his recovery fashion statement !! coco i <3 you !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - that was his cone of shame - like the dogs on UP.. my poor pooch

    ReplyDelete