Thursday, September 10, 2009

Birth Session Preview - Part 3

This may be very well my favorite picture this year. For those of you who are very finicky and can't bear to see a fresh newborn baby - then do not keep reading or looking at this post. But if you are like me and enjoy the wonderful world of mommies and babies- this is a special treat. That first picture speaks a million words. Everything happened so fast - I am just thrilled with what I was able to capture. I didn't cheat and look at them on my camera in the hospital - so not until I got home was I truly happy about the outcome. In the hospital I was all in the moment. Celebrating in silent behind the camera as I watched everyone cry & beam from all the joy.
Meet little Miss Riley Christine. 6 pounds and 14 oz - 19 inches... if you remember in the last post I had a picture of the guess board... momma was the one that came closest. But I knew that would happen anyways!
I love this one of Sarah looking at her baby from far away. She still hadn't held her and its as if she is reaching out her hand for her. It's one of my favorites of the whole session.
Finally mommy and Riley are united. She is such a beautiful baby. I LOVE her hair! Tomorrow we will be meeting up for Riley's up-close newborn shoot. Can't wait to see them again. There is one last part to this birth session - so stay tuned to see Riley after her bath & meeting the family.

3 comments:

  1. I love the way that you got that special moment with the dad too. It wasn't just about mom and baby. Good job Abby!!! Can't wait to see more of the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby
    This was such a special day for us and you captured it with awesome pictures. Babies are true miracles from God and looking at these pics reminds me of that miracle. You did a great job and you were never in the way!!!! I wish that every mother could have this done!!! If you ever need a reference you know where to reach me.
    Words could never express this gift that you have given our family. THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that you guys love it just as much as I do. Thanks again for allowing me to be with you guys - and it was my pleasure to work with such an amazing family.

    ReplyDelete