Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ry's Newborn Preview - Louisiana Baby Photographer

That right there my friends is my favorite newborn shot ever... that I've taken that is. Welcome back Riley.. to the blog. Some of you may recognize this cutie pie from my first birth session. These were taken at 7 days old. I just took a couple while coming over to show mom & dad the birth pictures - her official newborn shoot is this Friday. I can't wait! How cute is she!!!
Ok so, some of you may be wondering how did I get Riley to smile in so many of the pictures. Well with Mommy's help, it's all about making them comfortable. She did try to fight with me a bit - even though I knew that the more she tried the more tired she was going to get. It takes LOTS of patience with newborns. If you are trying to get into this field of photography - you need to have tons of patience and time. Because eventually they will succumb to what you want and its all about being ready when they do. These little smiles lasted merely seconds and they were gone. I guess that's why I love it so much... you work really hard for that one second of happiness. The kind of joy that when I look at my camera - my heart smiles. -- so it was some of that and the other thing is having a great model like Riley. haha - Sarah will love these - her little baby is already modeling for me.
With that last one I was trying to achieve something similar to the giants in the industry like Anne Geddes and in my opinion the "it" newborn photog now- Carrie Sandoval. Of course, my work next to theirs - I just want to cry... :) but soon I will get a perfect peanut look. Practice, practice, practice. haha Carrie is the best & Ry just looks cute no matter what I do to her - even if I am putting her in a huge sock. LOL - a BIG thanks to my mother - who faithfully reads my blog and is the greatest supporter of my work. She knitted me everything used here and pretty much everything I own. She is an amazing little spider web - her and her friends in the knitting club. THANK YOU LADIES for such awesome stuff.. I can't wait to use the new things you sent me. Love you Mom! What's coming up? I had my second birth session on Monday - so that's the big project I am working on now. I had my first photog meet last week with my new friend Kaylynn - pictures of our day together... and with Coco [ wait till you see his expressions ] -more of Riley, an engagement session and a little surprise that I've been keeping under covers. Haha - so excited for this weekend!!

7 comments:

  1. oh how cute!

    i love little riley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a little Who from Whoville. I like the Anne Geddes type shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riley is so beautiful in these pictures. You did a great job on these and i know the next session with them today will turn out just as good. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omggg the cutest baby everrrrr she looks so happy!!!!! smiling in every picture!! TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so much fun to work with this little one. The second time around she was giving me some baby attitude. Haha- making up for the first time. Those pics will be up soon- check back to see miss Ri!

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl this baby is so cute & you did such a great job with her! i can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious little girl. Great images.

    ReplyDelete