Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Birth Session Preview - Kristin - Part 2

Let's continue with Kristin & Ryan's story. Isn't Sam the cutest... I was so happy after I took that shot above to get him looking at me. With toddlers I've learned that you are fortunate if they like you enough to glance at you without having to tell them to. They have such short attention spans... you aren't interesting for very long. I remember the first time we worked together in the maternity shoot, Sam & I rode together in the back seat. The whole way home Sam kept playing with my hair and holding my hand... I thought it was the sweetest thing. Maybe its because I am the eldest in the family and was always the babysitter/sister/cousin/aunt... completely surrounded by kids. These next ones are of the family coming to visit before the delivery. They all had gifts for baby Luke and were so excited!
It was getting close to push time so it was time to clear the room. Kristin got a little emotional when it was time to say bye to the mom, dad and of course Sam. I bet that this is such a nerve racking moment. Not that I would know since I have no babies... but it always seems to get my mommies. Just knowing that in moments you will have your baby... such a happy feeling.
That's a preview of what's next... push 1,2,3 and the baby is here! At least that's what it seemed like for me... for Kristin it might of been a different story.

3 comments:

  1. Kristin KennedyOctober 21, 2009

    Hey Abby!! Ryan and I can’t thank you enough for these pictures. We look at them over and over and can't wait to see the rest. I can't wait to see the pics of my lil Luke!! That day went by so fast & it has been nice to see all our little moments. You have been such a pleasure to work with and we are so happy we did this!! I'm so happy you were there to capture the day of our son's birth. The pictures of Sam are priceless too. It was so nice to have Ryan next to me in the moment and not behind a camera :) Thank you Thank you for all your hard work! You're a fabulous photographer!! I think this is the beginning of a very long photography relationship between you and my kids!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much Kristin for your kind words. As I am getting ready to post the next pictures I am getting so excited... alone sitting here in my office with a big grin in my face. You guys were awesome. That whole day as a matter of fact... the nurse team and the doctor. It all worked out perfectly. I especially love the pictures of Sam.. because like you said it's just as important to see how he reacted to the birth of his little brother. But you already know how much I love taking pictures of Sam... and baby Luke's newborn shots are on the way... can't wait to finish editing those. All the cute stuff we did. :) OK I can probably keep talking on here about you guys forever... but I will leave you letting you know that this next post is going to blow your socks away... I know you will be so anxious to see them all until Friday... the big reveal day. I'm so excited for you guys. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby, I can't get over how great all your shots are. You're not just taking pictures but are truly capturing precious moments in time. I also have become addicted to your blog! Can't wait to hang out with you again, Dee Dee :)

    ReplyDelete