Thursday, October 22, 2009

Birth Session Preview -Kristin- Part 3

It is now my favorite part of birth sessions... when the baby arrives. Baby Luke was ready to come out... I believe the pushing and difficult part didn't last very long. I've gotten better with holding my breath during the pushing. I can now look at the mom & dad and remain comfortable taking pictures... something that took me quite a while. Without further ado here is the arrival of baby Luke:
Those pictures that show the baby first coming out are usually my favorite because of the parents expression. Baby Luke was finally here! How exciting! I also loved how the doctor placed the baby right on the mommy... its quite special to have him that close the moment that he is out. Lets you get a good look of your baby and see what he is like for the first time. All the hours that the parents spend in the hospital are so worth it for that split second... and for me as well. I get an adrenaline rush when the baby is born... doesn't matter how long I have been standing holding the camera... all of the sudden I am so pumped, ready to capture every second.
Isn't he such a cutie? He had the prettiest pink color that I had ever seen. Kristin and Ryan were so overwhelmed with emotion... I loved watching them go gaga over their little boy. After the doctor was done with Kristin it was time to let Sam in to meet his new baby brother... in the upcoming post you will see their first encounter. I wanted to raise up the question to my mom readers... What was your favorite part of your labor & delivery experience? Feel free to post your response below... I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2 comments:

  1. It is such a joy to work in Labor and Delivery. It is also an adventure that can change directions in a blink of an eye. I was not Kristin and Ryan's original nurse...she was pulled away for an emergency. I took over care for Kristin just at the end when she was complete and ready to begin pushing. At first I thought Abby was her sister...there to take pictures. But I did notice she took more pictures than the usual family member does. Later I learned she was a professional photographer. After doing this for 15 years, this was a first for me. I must say Abby was very pleasant and tried to stay in the back ground, out of the way. After viewing her photo's, I know Kristin and Ryan must be so pleased to have captured these priceless moments. If I could go back in time, I would have loved to have Abby in the deliveries of my children. Oh well.....maybe she'll be there for my grandbabies! Barb Giglio, RN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Barb! [by the way Barb is the nurse that is with Kristin in the top pushing picture] She was awesome and so were all the nurses in this team. It was a perfect delivery. I'm sure that I will be around when it's time for your grandbabies... See you around in the hospital!

    ReplyDelete