Monday, May 17, 2010

birth session preview | Candice part 1

I am going to start off saying how much I loved this birth session. It was going to be different. I had never photographed a birth where the couple had a doula. So I was definitely curious to see what techniques or methods were going to be implemented. I have a friend that is a doula so I was familiar with the emotional care and support that was going to be offered. In this case, Candice turned to Rene Johnson, owner/doula of Birth Help. (For those of you who may not know what I am talking about)- A doula is a trained professional that helps mothers know what is going to happen during the labor process and ensure that they know all the available choices they have for their delivery. They attend to the mother's emotional and physical comfort needs to make sure things run smooth.
Cameron was another of those very supporting and ready-for-action dads. So comforting though to have your mate by your side cheering you on all the way. Especially when you are having a natural birth. Candice had a great a team with her ready to receive baby Jack. Her nurse was one of the sweetest on staff that I have had the pleasure to work with at Woman's Hospital.
As you can tell by the smiles... it's time to meet baby Jack. Yay! He is by far the cutest newborn I have ever seen. But I will rave about that whenever we get past the delivery part. Stay tuned to see more of Candice's birth session. Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment