Monday, June 21, 2010

a date with Prince Charming

I hadn't been in front of the camera in a while. I wanted a new wallet picture with Coco. So I decided it would be a good teaching opportunity for my JJ. Jael came over and we sat outside in the heat with all the bloodsucking mosquitos for about 15 minutes. Kept telling her "find the light". (Jael isn't a very patient photographer. Especially if she is being attacked by bugs. Or if the camera weighs. Or if Coco isn't paying attention. Or if she isn't taking pictures of a hot guy. Jael isn't patient. Period.) Still... She captured my new favorite pictures of us, of me and of what soon will be made into a canvas for my room. I am so happy I put through all that aggravation. Since it's Monday... time for personal tidbits. Last time I did an about me post I felt so happy about sharing stuff to my prospect clients and blog readers. I even had a client mention my love of sharpies from reading it on here. I said to myself, "so someone is actually reading what I write... wow, not a total waste of time". :)
- I love to laugh. I have weird laughs... different ones for different occasions. It's not like I know which is for what but yeah, unpredictable. I snort, when I am really laughing. I throw my head back, slap my leg, clap and gasp like a retard. If I were to hear myself laugh all the time, I would probably laugh at that too. They say laughing is a remedy... best remedy I have ever encountered.
- I recently bought roller-skates. Why? Because my brother is 11-years old, and I wanted to have a thing that we do. Something sporty that I can actually feel that I am not going to get hurt performing. I tried a lot of other things and they couldn't quite stick... the boy/girl interest thing was an issue. Not to mention the age difference. So skating works. We both love and it and it's something we now do together. He races me and does tricks around me. I... just skate.
- Time for another favorite movie quote. This time its from the movie Runaway Bride. Ike (Richard Gere) and Maggie (Julia Roberts) are discussing all of Maggie's previous wedding proposals when he describes his idea of a perfect proposal. "I think the most anybody can honestly say is, Look... I guarantee that there will be tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life. Because I know in my heart... you're the only one for me." And then... I blush and wish that Richard Gere would come say that to me. Lol. OK one more from this movie because this one is extra special. (sorry if it seems long) [Maggie and Ike are arguing outside the rehearsal dinner luau] Ike: "You really want that guy up there to drag you up Annapurna for your honeymoon? You don't want to climb Annapurna." Maggie: "Yes I do!" Ike: "No you don't. You want a man who will lead you down the beach with his hand over your eyes just so you can discover the feel of the sand under your feet. You want a guy that'll wake you up at dawn because he's bursting to talk to you, can't wait another minute to find out what you'll say. Am I right?" Maggie: "Stop. Stop it! I'm getting married on Sunday, and you are just trying to make me run. Because you're a cynical, exploitative, mean-hearted creep who wouldn't know real love if it bit him in the armpit! All you do is tear others down and, and, and laugh at them, and criticize what they do, because you're too afraid to do anything yourself. I read your columns. You never once wrote anything about yourself. I'm not the only one who's lost and you know it! Am I right? Am I right?" Yup, this is my go-to romantic comedy chick flick of all times.
- peanut M&Ms. LOVE love Love them. Always has been my favorite candy. My best friend Rex and I became obsessed with them in high school. We would give ourselves packs as gifts, use the wrapper as paper to send notes (pretty weird, I know)... that's us. Being random. I usually eat the blue ones first.
- I make mood playlists. On my iPhone or iTunes you will find random list names - like Happy, Sleep, Replay, Pic... all are for certain occasions. I even have one for my cousin Jael, made up of songs that we love to jam to. Our "now" favorite is Soulja Boy - Kiss Me Thru The Phone.
- I wear contacts. Sometimes glasses. I am almost blind. Don't know what I would do without them. Sometimes I wear colored contacts - just for fun. My natural eye color: brown.
- My favorite thing to photograph is a birth session. It's the most stressful, unpredictable and time consuming kind of shoot I do. But all that effort results in the most rewarding experience. It's such an amazing and incredible moment to see the parents so overjoyed to see the pictures of their child's birth story. That's why I enjoy it so much, because of the final product. I feel as I am giving them such a valuable memory to treasure years to come. One that most people don't have of themselves or their kids.
- I am often asked why Canon? Why not Nikon? Well, I don't really have a technical answer. As a kid my first camera was a Canon and every other has been since. So probably not the most perfect way to choose, but hey, it works for me. They both are awesome so yeah, not the right person to be asking which is better.
- I am the kind of person that owns a snuggie. LOL my friends hate that I proudly admit that.
- I am 22 years old. Not more, not less. I can act however old I want... most people don't ever guess right.
- For some reason this shoot, I liked all the pictures in that b/w-ish effect. Most of the time I prefer color. I get that question too from clients. What do I like better? Most of the time I like vibrant colors, but every now and then my mood shifts.
I know some of you may think that I am infatuated with Coco. "He's just a dog"... ahem yeah, and? Your point? You have to be a pet-lover to understand, and you have to know Coco to fully understand. And if you have just 'met' Coco it doesn't count. He is very protective so first meets aren't usually the greatest. He doesn't allow people to get near me. He barks. ALL. THE. TIME. Until you are considered family and then he is always trying to get you to play or rub his belly. He is the baby of the house. So spoiled. Living the great life. These are my latest pictures of me and 'Prince Charming'.
Coco yawns a lot. Sleeps even more. He reminds me of me. He loves Starbucks. Which makes him even more like me. No coffee, just the whip-cream. I love it when I take him and he is all bark until I get my drink. It's as if he's been struck with a magic wand, ting, and he becomes Mr.big-green-sad-puppy-eyes Coco. Makes it really hard to resist.
The top & below ones are my two favorites. THANK YOU SO MUCH Jael for taking time out of your super duper busy schedule to capture them for me. I love you! I am looking forward to an exciting week ahead. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Happy Monday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 21, 2010

    I like how most of the things you posted i already knew. Especially how yesterday you made it very clear you had many different laughs. Gigipants loves youu =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gigipants lol I never thought I would call you that more than once and now it's sticking around. I love it. thanks for stopping by. and yes most of the things I wrote today we were talking about yesterday... I should of talked about my wonderful sense of direction. next time. :) and I luvs ju 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 23, 2010

    your welcome for being sucked by mosquitos,getting sweaty from 90 degree weather,sitting on ichy grass,hearing coco bark into my ear drums and trying to get his attention span sinse he has ADD unless it involves you or food ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I love the Coco barking into your eardrums part... so dramatic. so you. and he does not have ADD. he was looking at all the birds in the yard, remember? yeah I know you do. love you :)

    ReplyDelete