Tuesday, June 29, 2010

talking about: Grey's Anatomy


I've been on a mini-vacation and therefore haven't been able to keep up with the blog this week. [ I'm so sorry bloggers! :( ] BUT, I did have a post saved that I wanted to share in a time like this. Not photography related, so skip this one if you aren't interested in anything else. Abigail Todd Photography will resume tomorrow. :)
I have talked about it before. If you know me well, you know how much I love watching it. If you have been with me on a Thursday night, you know what we are watching. Not now... time to wait for the next season. I hate it when that happens. Grey's Anatomy. Ahem yeah... not really sure what to say other than it's my favorite show on TV. I have this thing, I collect quotes. Quotes from movies, shows, friends and put them in a note on my phone, sticky pad... somewhere where I will later find them and think, laugh or cry to myself. These are my favorite from the show. I am hoping that if you are into reading... you will be curious and check out the show. Rent the first season and you will be hooked. Promise.

"We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?"
"Sometimes, change is everything."
"Pick me, choose me, love me."
"There is no other day. Every day is like this. Every day is a crisis. I love you and I want to marry you today, but there is no time".
"You know, just because people do horrible things... it doesn't always mean they're horrible people."
"I've heard that it's possible to grow up. I've just never met anyone who's actually done it. Without parents to defy, we break the rules we make for ourselves. We throw tantrums when things don't go our way, we whisper secrets with our best friends in the dark, we look for comfort where we can find it, and we hope - against all logic, against all experience. Like children, we never give up hope..."
"Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt. It's a freakin' ocean."
"I have an aunt who whenever she poured anything for you she would say "Say when". My aunt would say "Say when" and of course, we never did. We don't say when because there's something about the possibility, of more. More tequila, more love, more anything. More is better."
"How do you know when how much is too much? Too much too soon. Too much information. Too much fun. Too much love. Too much to ask... And when is it all just too much to bear?"
"At the end of the day, when it comes down to it, all we really want is to be close to somebody. So this thing, where we all keep our distance and pretend not to care about each other, is usually a load of bull. So we pick and choose who we want to remain close to, and once we've chosen those people, we tend to stick close by. No matter how much we hurt them, the people that are still with you at the end of the day - those are the ones worth keeping. And sure, sometimes close can be too close. But sometimes, that invasion of personal space, it can be exactly what you need."
"The thing about addiction is, it never ends well. Because eventually, whatever it is that was getting us high, stops feeling good, and starts to hurt. Still, they say you don't kick the habit until you hit rock bottom. But how do you know when you are there? Because no matter how badly a thing is hurting us, sometimes, letting it go hurts even worse."
"Because I believe that, we can be extraordinary together rather than ordinary apart."
"She's got my McDreamy and my McDog. She's got my McLife!"
-Meredith Grey

"Being aware of your crap, and actually overcoming your crap are two very different things, Meredith."
"I can't talk right now. I'm trying to save your guy. Now please go try to save mine."
"I don't like you because you're you."
"I'm a big girl. I can decide when I've had enough trauma."
"You can't date a vet, he isn't even a real doctor..."
"I need a drink, a man, or a massage. Or a drunken massage by a man."
"Prestons do not go into the woods. A guy named Preston is gonna get his a** kicked by a squirrel."
-Cristina Yang

"They think you're taking advantage of me, they think I'm using you, but they don't know us."
"I wore a diaper yesterday, yes - and I will wear one today. If it helps Dr. Shepherd get through the surgery, I will wear a diaper. My diaper is awesome. My diaper is hard-core. You wish you had the balls to wear my diaper. I'm gonna wear it, and I'm gonna wear it with pride. And if I have to pee in it? Oh, I'll pee. Because I am a surgeon. This is America. And I will do what needs to be done. So you can kiss my hard-core, diaper wearing a**."
-Lexie Grey

"You made me promise you that you wouldn't live like this. So now what am I supposed to do? Smother you with a pillow?"
"I don't want to be the future of this hospital if you're not there with me."
"For a kiss to be really good, you want it to mean something. You want it to be with someone you can't get out of your head, so that when your lips finally touch you feel it everywhere. A kiss so hot and so deep you never want to come up for air. You can't cheat your first kiss. Trust me, you don't want to. Cause when you find that right person for a first kiss, it's everything."
"You are so into me, it's sad. The worship, the adoration ahhh I'm so handsome I intoxicate you."
-Alex Karev

"She's intense, intelligent, complicated. She's like a single malt scotch."
"Meredith, I want your crappy babies, all of them."
"I want to marry you. I want to have kids with you. I want to build us a house... I want to grow old with you. I want to die at 110 years old in your arms. I don't want forty-eight interrupted hours. I want a lifetime."
-Derek Shepherd

"If there's anything I can do... to cheer you up... I'm around. Day or night. Night in particular."
"Lookin' ... it sounds so much dirtier without the "g"."
"Lex, I'm still in love with you. I tried not to be, but it didn't work. And Sloane's gone, there is no baby, and I don't want to sleep around. I want another chance. I'm in love with you." (Lexie: Karev, he's... Mark, I have a boyfriend) "I know. All I'm saying is that you could have a husband."
-Mark Sloan

"We can do this. Just meet me halfway. All you have to do is say yes."
"They're all three words, so I can have something to say to you instead of the three words that are killing me. The three words that you know I feel but I can't say them because it would be cruel to say them because I am no good for you."
"Forty years from now, I'm going to have to pry that scalpel out of your hand, too."
"You're the only one that sees me."
-Owen Hunt

"I am so right about so many things it would make your head spin."
"I don't do second best."
"Every intern wants to perform their first surgery. That's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No! Why? Because my interns are whinny. You know what will make me look happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma pages answered, having the weekend labs delivered and having someone down in the pit doing the sutures. No one holds a scalpel until I'm so happy I'm Mary Freaking Poppins."
-Miranda Bailey

"Okay, I rescheduled an ACL repair. But I want to be clear. I am not wearing pink or baby blue, I don't do flowers in my hair and I will never be seen with a bow on my a**."
"Alone people don't like to hear about together people. It's sort of like bringing a six-pack to an AA meeting."
"Don't chase me anymore, unless you're ready to catch me."
"We're socially retarded. I mean, look at me. I'm in love with a a guy who won't say he loves me back... and here I am in his kitchen cooking, hoping he comes home and notices me. I'm a total freak. I'm the girl in the back of the class who eats her hair."
-Callie Torres

And finally... (I know I have quoted a lot, maybe after this post you think this is the Grey's Anatomy fan-club and no longer a photography blog. So SORRY you feel that way. Last one...) my favorite dialogue from the 1st season:
Derek: It's not the chase.
Meredith: What?
Derek: You and me. It is not the thrill of the chase. It's not a game. It's... your tiny ineffectual fists. And your hair.
Meredith: My hair?
Derek: It smells good. And you're very, very ballsy. It keeps me in line.
Meredith: I'm still not going out with you.
Derek: You say that now...

I can't help but think of my Starbucks/greys/cheese-fries/dip sister Jo when I am talking about all this. I MISS YOU. Can't wait to see ya. I know that watching Grey's will never be the same, after all you were the one that got me hooked :). Good times. And if even when it was bad times, I always felt better. Thank you. For understanding and for being strong when I wasn't. When I needed it most. For giving me the daily reality check, because I seem to wake up in some other planet every day. It wasn't until I dragged myself to Starbucks and your couch that my day would really start functioning. I will never be able to forget that. Love you so much. Hugs and kisses from the married woman. :)
For kicks... here is a preview of what is soon coming on the blog. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment