Monday, July 26, 2010

Aimee's Birth Session Part 1

Today is my self-proclaimed day to blog something personal, but another birth session just seems right. After all, talking about them makes me happy no matter what day of the week it is. This one no doubt is another favorite. I met Aimee in the waiting room of the hospital while I was shooting my first ever birth session for Kenneth & Sarah. Talk about coinkidink. She was kinda close to being due, but still had a ways to go. We talked about how we were both participating in the upcoming Baby Grand event and how it was our first time attending. Little did I know that we would meet again, and in a much more amazing way. Same people, same place, different date/time... this meet was for baby Patrick's first official photo shoot.
This is such a good-looking family. Seriously. You may noticed that Aimee looks very calm and collected, not like she is having any kind of labor pains. Well that's because she had a scheduled c-section. My first to ever attended and I was SO so nervous. But after getting the complete run through on how everything works from Angela, almost a minute by minute game play, I felt that I knew exactly where I had to stand and what to do. Then it was only a matter of minutes before the nerves turned into excitement and an energetic buzz.
Aimee makes the blue scrunchy cap look like an accessory. Flawless. As I was standing there, trying to be not in any one's way, I took in everything. "So this is what a real OR looks like... not at all what I imagined." Lighting was GREAT, and for a moment I thought I rather be in c-sections than natural child birth any day.
Thumbs up means we are ready to roll. The anesthesiologist would probably be my best friend in my case. It felt so advantageous to "see" everything, because now no one can trick me into saying the needle was HUGE. It's big but I, having no medically-based knowledge, pictured it a foot long or something along those lines. Aimee didn't make it look scary either. So if it was, Aimee - thanks for not freaking me out beforehand, and for smiling during the whole process. :)
She has got one of the most expressive eyes I have ever seen. They photograph BEAUTIFUL. (so jealous) Wait till you see the next post where she sees Patrick... one of my all-time favorite picture is coming up. John David was let in the room and you can so tell how happy she felt to have him by her side.
Doctors are ready. Everything is prepped. Time to meet Patrick. Eeeek! Stay tuned to see more of this family's birth session story.

No comments:

Post a Comment