Saturday, July 31, 2010

here and there

Today's post is brought to you meanwhile watching one of my latest favorite movies: 27 dresses. I don't know if it works the same with other photographers but I find that movies, songs and books inspire me. Especially flicks like this one. Here is one of my top-pick quotes from the film: (setting- Jane is raving about the love of her life/boss, George, to her younger sister Tess, who just came back from a first-date with him) "He has flaws. He hates cashews... that's just weird. And sometimes he doesn't wear socks with sneakers. I just think that's gross." My friends always have something to say about my 'randomness'. I would of probably come up with an erratic thing to say too. So today's post is going to be just that... absolutely random.
Coco isn't a rare subject on the blog, actually he appears on here quite frequently, but I believe that if we start talking about my precious little monster things will shape up nicely. I have recently discovered that Coco has a fondness of sitting in my chair versus any other chair in the room. Always. Call me crazy, but this dog is obsessed. Another new found interest is that of music. It's been 3 times that I have caught him on top of my desk with his tiny furry little paw on my keyboard. No music on before - music on now - all thanks to him. I have influenced him in the most positive way, don't you think?
The above picture depicts my hairy beast perfectly. He reminds me of the Hulk, actually they both do. If you provoke him just a tiny bit... his fury unleashes and attacks the nearest subject. Of course with an 'animal trainer' like Alfred, those kind of unusual mood swings are common among wild canines. Samuel was playing with my camera while my friends, Gigi & Alfred, stopped by one day and he took this picture. That's me in the pink shirt, being guarded by prince charming. It amuses me how tough he can be with others when it comes to protecting me. No one is allowed near a radius of five feet with out getting 'the look' followed by 'the scrunched nose smile'. Only exception so far is Jael. (BTW - in the very top picture where she is holding him... she is actually pretending to bite his head... another odd fact.) Jael and I are so alike and maybe that's what he sees in her... we talk to him the same way and he feels the love. That's the way into his heart - show him some lovin' and he will eternally be yours.
This next one gets me excited. We all know how much of a Starbucks addict I am. I'll shamelessly admit it's true. They have this promotion going on that if you purchase a beverage before 2pm you receive a TREAT RECEIPT. In other words, you bring in your receipt after 2pm and you can get a grande cold drink for two bucks. My mother says it's just an attractive way to fool consumers into consuming more and more addicting caffeine. Call it what you may but it brightens my day. It's my liquid courage to carry on throughout the morning with an upbeat attitude and just knowing that I can get a double dose for almost the price of one delights me. It's more than likely I never get the chance to go back for a second round, not because I don't want to, but because I realize all I have consumed is merely coffee. So, turns out I will opt for my next favorite location instead for actual food. (think outside the bun) I promise you that I have never received the same friendly greeting as what the baristas in green aprons give me. Another reason I like 'visiting' so much. Find any excuse in the book to go to Starbucks and I will join you.
Lastly, there's a new show on abc that has got me hooked. Rookie Blue. I never watch tv live, tivo or online usually is my preference, but if you are interested it plays Thursday nights. I watch the episodes on my lunch breaks and it makes quite an entertaining 40 minutes. It reminds me of my aunt Ismary and the kind of shows that she likes to watch. Just in a much cooler, less reality-based dramatic way. It's fairly recent to predict but I hope it sticks around. At least until the new season of Grey's starts. Can't wait. Enjoy your weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I almost texted you on wednesday when I went to three different starbucks in one day. Shame on me. Give me a blue receipt and a reason to come back and I will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I made your blog, and your right it would be a show i would watch! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaylynn, Wednesday I was at Starbucks seems like all day too. We need to skype while we work one day. :)
    & to Ms.Anonymous: you should definitely look into it. I think you will like it... go here: http://abc.go.com/shows/rookie-blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coco has to be my favorite chihuahua by far. He's got the greatest owner too. Starbucks treat... you in?

    ReplyDelete