Sunday, August 22, 2010

Eli's Birth Session Part 4

It has been said that good things come to those who wait. As in everything that is worthwhile takes time. Things couldn't ring more true in Eli's case. Waiting 9 months and even some more time before that to have a child builds up an immense appreciation for the day that it would all come true. I was there to witness such event and if you look at recent past posts you will feel you were there too.
Watching one of my friends give birth is such a rewarding experience. Being one of the first to see the baby is even a greater privilege. I never take for granted what an honor it is to be present in this kind of moment of my client's lives. I treasure each and every one. This one is in the books already as one of the most emotional moments of my life. Everyone meet Benjamin. (He already has all sorts of nicknames: Ben, Benji, Benny, Booboo, Puchi... (Eli is one to nickname everything. So we know that by the time he is one he will have a long list.))
The proud momma and her little man. (My favorite shot of her & Ben) It's time for everyone else to get closer to the baby...
Machuchi my darling, thank you so much for allowing me to be part of this. I am so glad that I have done this before and don't get bothered with things like blood, needles, vomit, and all sorts of bodily fluids, because then I wouldn't of been able to help out much. [BTW if you were wondering what I am doing in the above picture... The IV came loose and I was collecting the liquid in a urine bowl... great use for that thing. Damaris was shooting around while I played nurse.] I love you so much! Can't wait to see baby Ben grow up. Oh goodness, how fast time flies. Give him lots of kisses for me.
xoxo
Your Machuchita ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment