Monday, November 8, 2010

a bit of movie talk


Good morning my lovely blog readers! I woke up today very excited for today's post, since last week I skipped on the blog-me-Monday deal. I had a friend request a movie-themed post. If you know me by now, movies are a big deal. I rarely watch TV... other than my three favorite shows (Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice & Castle). So that means that everything else is either a favorite classic or whatever is new and out on rental. I am going to start by quoting one of my favorite films (I love the book too though ... by Nicholas Sparks, actually more than the movie.), The Notebook. It's the scene where Allie and Noah have gone out for a boat-ride and it starts to rain. Perfect timing. Actually, I found the movie clip, click here to see it if you would like.
(starting with Allie) "Why didn't you write me? Why? It wasn't over for me. I waited for you for seven years. And now it's too late." - "I wrote you 365 letters. I wrote you everyday for a year." - "You wrote me?" - "Yes." - "You..." - "It wasn't over. It still isn't over."
... commence the kissing and the means of releasing all the frustrated build up of emotion. But that scene is not the only reason why I like the movie so much... it's because of the immense sense of passion and love in the story. I've read the book twice and seen the movie countless of times, and still get chills. Cry every time. That reminds me of my other favorite part from the movie... the fight scene where Allie is deciding whether to leave Noah's house to go meet up with Lon.
(starting with Noah) ... "Hate you if you leave here." - "Have you been paying attention to anything that's been happening?" - "I guess not. I think I must have misread all of those signals." - "I guess you did." - "You're bored! You're bored and you know it. You wouldn't be here if there wasn't something missing." - "You arrogant son of a -----!" - "Would you just stay with me?" - "Stay with you? What for? Look at us, we're already fighting." - "Well, that's what we do. We fight. You tell me when I'm being an arrogant son of a ----- and I tell you when you're being a pain in the ---. Which you are, 99 percent of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. They have like a two second rebound rate and you're back at doing the next pain in the --- thing." - "So what?" - "So, it's not going to be easy. It's gonna be really hard. And we're gonna have to work at this every day but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, everyday. Will you do something for me? Please? Will you just picture your life for me? Thirty years from now. Forty years from now, what's it look like? If it's with that guy, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I could do it again, if I thought it's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out." - "What easy way? There is no easy way, no matter what I do, somebody gets hurt." - "Would you stop thinking about what everyone wants. Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want? What do you want?" - "It's not that simple." - "What do you want?"- "I have to go."
Yes, definitely one of my favorites. I think most girls that are into romantic movies have this one on their list. The next movie I wanted to talk about is an upcoming one. Another Rachel McAdams, which I've realized that I really like her as an actress, in theaters this week, Morning Glory. Here is the trailer:
Really looking forward to seeing this one. It's been a while since I have done a movie post. I have skipped the movie going routine lately, the last film I watched at the theatre I believe it was Eat Pray Love, so it's time to jump back on the wagon. Another upcoming film I want to see is Burlesque. Mainly because of Cher and Christina... but I do like music and theatre related films. Here is that trailer:
So that is my picks for this month's new releases. What are you looking forward to seeing? This past weekend was so perfect for snuggling at home watching movies. The cold has started to creep in. We had excellent weather. The kind that you are happy to be outside even in the sun because your hair will stay in tact. Awesome! I am off to Louisiana folks. I wanted to post something before the trip just to let you all know that I will still be available through phone or email. I am looking forward to all the wonderful stuff planned. Seeing some familiar faces and meeting new ones. So excited! Have a great week everyone.
SOTD: The Fear You Won't Fall by Joshua Radin
Mr. Brightside by The Killers

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for your comment on my style me pretty feature!!
    xoxo
    Radelle
    http://www.eternalreflectionsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone loves you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love secret admirers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. - I watched Morning Glory and it was AWESOME. Definitely a must see. :)

    ReplyDelete