Wednesday, November 3, 2010

REAL Family Time | Miami Family Photographer

This was another installment of my favorite kind of family session. When families allow me to come to their homes and there are no props, no backgrounds, just them and I doing what 'they do' on a regular day together, I feel that the session at the end of the day will not only reflect my style, but it will be totally "them". I am so over seeing balloon backgrounds and kid-sized Crayola crayons in the little one's pictures. What do those pictures say about them? What will they remember when they look back at that picture? I know this is strictly my opinion and my liking... but who really turns down the idea of your family being captured the way that you are? Whether you choose to stay home, go to a park, the beach, the pizzeria around the corner or a combination of them all... that's your choice, and it will be about you and your family. That's who I am there to photograph. You. And them. Together. Loving each other. Playing with toys, throwing a ball, pulling each others hair, eating M&M's or ice cream. I know that's the reason I enjoy birth sessions so much. Because it cannot be more 'real' and less rehearsed than what happens in that delivery room. Raw emotion. Kind of like what has been captured here, here, and here. Love love love. So that is what we planned for this family. It may take a few moments to get used to. Kids are so used to seeing a camera and being told "CHEESE" that it's almost automatic. I kept trying to get them not to look at the camera and "play" but the black thing covering my face seemed to be much more interesting than Mickey Mouse or Buzz Lightyear. Then I realized that he was just flirting with me, being the ham he is. And in that moment I knew that we would hit it off super well. Here is your pic-preview Leti... you were all so great and I couldn't be more grateful for your trust and openness to allow me to be part of your life for one day. It was wonderful.
Blue eyes haunt me. I think I go to sleep thinking blue and wake up thinking blue. This gorgeous doll has the most 'wow' steady stare that I have ever seen in such a young baby. It definitely commands attention and keeps you captivated. And as if that wasn't enough... those chubby toes and the way she would sit... this is a hot babe in the making. So so cute!
I eventually realized that she liked looking at me and not the camera. So I was implementing the challenging game of peek-a-boo while trying to focus on her and get the shot I wanted. After many laughs... score.
They have the sweetest set up as a backyard... a park with a lake and lots of ducks. Time to go outside and play in that lovely Miami weather. It was perfect... cool, breezy and cloudy at 12:00 pm. I mean if I had a lake in my backyard... it probably would of been time to go for a dip. But that's just crazy me loving any kind body of water. One day I will get scared to death by a random animal biting me in the leg and that trust of open water will disappear.
I briefly mentioned before how I had a "duck situation" during this session. These animals were so aggressive, impatient and loud. Pecking at each other, getting really close to us - almost reaching the food out their hands. But then again they were probably freaked out that Julian wanted to show them all his miniature skateboard tricks. Which at first completely made me "lol"... but wasn't as funny as Gianna wanting to eat the stale bread. Kids... never cease to amaze me.
I will be photographing their cousins soon... and I can't wait. I am siting in Starbucks blogging today... and they have started the red cups. Which only means to me, WHERE HAS THIS YEAR SLIPPED AWAY TO? Seriously. Time is running and I don't think I am ready for December which is around the corner. 2010 has merely said hello - how are you- and it's gone. I am looking forward to the change of weather though. Woohoo for the cold. Time to snuggle and drink hot coffee again. Time for good hair days all the time and for toesocks. For potato soup and peppermint mochas. Time for me to turn another year... (I will admit that I am NOT looking forward to saying 23 instead of 22. Two-two is much better than two-three. But then again that used to be Jordan's number and Lebron James' too... even though I like him as a "6" much better. haha) Time to watch the Heat kick some butt. This time of year is good. Busy but, good. Have a wonderful rest of the week, we are past the hump and the weekend is just a glimpse away. :)
SOTD: Vuelve by Ricky Martin
Ride by Cary Brothers

3 comments:

  1. I like it when you do these too. 23 is nothing! NOTHING! You are still so young! Enjoy it all the way till you are 30 and then you will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would say that about being 30. I don't mind aging. I just would rather stay """""FOREVER YOUNG""""". I am laughing at myself for saying that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, i LOVE these kinds of pictures! They look like they are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete