Monday, December 13, 2010

randomness | Blog Me Monday

Good morning everyone! I hope you all thoroughly enjoyed your weekend... I had an interesting one. Ended it realizing again for the hundredth time that I can't eat sushi. I mentally prepare myself that today is the day that I will develop a liking for that acquired taste. Um yes the motivation is there... the willingness to try is there... the stomach to bear it, the taste buds that send forth approval, the action of taking a second bite - all that takes a holiday and leaves me chugging down my drink. So I am asking for help. I am going to nice places, so this is good quality stuff. What shall I try? I have had the ones they say that most people should start off with: California roll, Shrimp Tempura roll, King Crab roll ... mostly cooked stuff. Why am I so hung up on liking sushi you may ask? It bothers me that I eat almost everything and can't come near something so popular. It's a social thing... and I want to socially fit in the "let's eat sushi" crowd. :)
The picture above is another from my new project. The one that I can't seem to stop plotting for. This train business is really making me excited. The couples I have been able to meet with so far are totally digging the idea and getting worked up about outfits and what not. If you messaged me and I have yet to respond, that doesn't mean that I am not interested in having you join. I am trying to email and meet people at the same time and pretty much will get around to everyone today and tomorrow. Your response is coming. :) I am going to go study the system some more this week and will start shooting very soon. I was thinking yesterday morning about the movie Pearl Harbor (one of my faves) and how there is a train scene there that I really really like, turns out it was playing on TV later that night... and I was right, totally fits the scheme that I am trying to achieve. Woohoo!
In other news, there's a new series coming from the makers of Grey's Anatomy that I am really looking forward to checking out. Off the Map. The show deals with medical care in a third-world country (phrase that I actually do not particularly like). They are filming in Hawaii... making it look like it's a tropical jungle in South America, reminds me of LOST. Actually it's like a combination of both shows (Grey's & Lost) (Didn't we ask for something like that a while back?). This is one that I know my mom will join me to watch... the main doctor/actor, Martin Henderson, happens to be one of her favorites ever since his appearance on Bride & Prejudice. Premieres Wednesday January 12 on abc.
I am off to do good... I hope you all have a great week. I am looking forward to this one with high hopes. [At least I am hoping that all the positiveness will help my long week sound sweeter.] ;) Cheerio Darlings!
SOTD: Eh, Eh (Nothing I Could Say) by Lady Gaga

3 comments:

  1. When you come visit, you will try the Ichiban roll from Ichiban's. It is the BEST sushi ever. My anti-sushi father not only liked this one but also after trying it, finished off the rest of my roll. You must try!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep doing what you always do, ordering things aren't sushi. If I have to watch you gag one more time I am kicking you out of the table. That's a warning missy. :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kaylynn - I am holding you up to it - date at Ichiban's next time I come!

    ReplyDelete