Saturday, May 14, 2011

some baby love

"Happiness isn't happiness without a violin playing goat." You may be wondering what this goat business has to do at all with this post. It happens to be one of my favorite quotes from the movie, Notting Hill. Every time I think of the word happiness it comes to mind. What is happiness? The dictionary defines it as feeling or showing pleasure or contentment. Obviously it can mean different things to everyone... but sometimes what makes you happy today doesn't mean it will continue to do so forever. When I started to shoot this session there was one thing that was completely indisputable. This bundle of joy has perfectly fulfilled the 'forever in happiness charm' for this family's life. Sometimes you come across families that are very open manifesting affection and LOVE towards each other, and you can't help but think... These people are truly happy. That's how I felt photographing the following family. For an afternoon I found myself witnessing the love that they have towards their new baby boy and each other... absolutely touching and wonderful. There were a lot of pictures that I wanted to post, and even narrowing it down became a little difficult - These are my favorite from our session together. Pure love. Utter happiness.
The shutter sound had is undivided attention. It was quite magical... to see him just shift his eyes no matter what position he was facing, straight at me every time he heard a click.
A family that kisses without any commands? Yes, please! :) I was so thrilled that there was no awkwardness in asking them to try anything at all. As a lifestyle photographer, sometimes telling families that I want them to forget I am in the room and carry on as if it was a regular day can be a little intimidating. I usually suggest an activity or let's hang out by the couch, bed, rug... and now just talk to each other or so and so.. right? With them I only had to say 'Ok - let's start by cuddling in the bed'... and bam they nailed it. Every shot was one that I knew I would want to keep.
I love sessions like this one. So chill... and yet they make me feel so much. Love love. On another note.. Coco had his first salt water encounter today. It was like watching America's Funniest Home Videos. He totally freaked. And I seriously couldn't help but laugh and push him further into the ocean. Definitely worse than a cat... You would think that he would be OK since he enjoys his bath... nope... the beach was a totally different ball game. Then the sand. OH BOY! He attacked the sand, got it all in his face/eyes/nose... Time to shh - I will be sharing more when I post the pictures of our lovely afternoon date. It's the weekend!! Woohoo! Time to take some pictures... :) Have a great one my dear blog readers. Catch ya later! ;)
SOTD: My Love by Sia

7 comments:

  1. Amanda Lee PacholskiMay 14, 2011

    Abby your photography is beautiful.....when the time comes for me to have baby pictures made, you a just may have to come to GA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valeria SturupMay 14, 2011

    I am obsessed with this shoot! Too beautiful! Not enough "awwws" for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abigail AlvarezMay 14, 2011

    thank you loves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have literally stared at these pictures for a while just in awe... of that baby. He is so cute! I love all the pictures Abby! Another awesome shoot in the bag! Love ya hun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stare at this session all the time... picture #2 from the top is my desktop screensaver on my laptop... :D and thank ya thank ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie MualimMay 31, 2011

    MY BEST FRIEND IS THE MOST TALENTED PHOTOGRAPHER HANDS DOWN! CONGRATULATIONS ON THESE BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!!!!!!! IM IN SHOCK!!!! THEYRE AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Steph - I love the ALL CAPS.. MUAH! Thank youuuu and love ya!

    ReplyDelete